Friday, August 24, 2012

The green polka dot basket will house the first aid kit, emergency handbook, and other items needed when we leave the classroom. The owl in the middle is "Gumdrop", our class mascot.

I have drooled over this bin for months now in Target. I was so excited when I came up with a valid reason to buy it for my room!

 

This is an ORIGINAL idea!!! I used my handy dandy sharpie paint pens to create a behavior management bin. It houses stickers, "smellies" (lip gloss), and bracelets. We are not allowed to have behavior charts posted in the PreK room, so I use a bracelet system. Each child gets three bracelets. If they make poor choices they have to hand over a bracelet.

SO EXCITED about this idea I came up with. I used sharpies to draw a tree on a pocket chart from the Target dollar spot. This will be where the students "sign in" every morning. I am waiting on their lunch cards. Stay tuned next week for picture of the comleted project.

We are not allowed to put centers under the TV for safety reasons, therefore in order to save space I put my desk there. Who cares if the TV falls on me, right?

I used owl ribbon from Michael's and glued them on baskets from A.C. Moore. This will be where my paraprofessional will put notes and homework she takes out of the OWL binders each morning. Lunch money will also be put in the green basket. I have former students who visit me, so I did not think it wise to label a basket with "money"!

No comments:

Post a Comment